Thursday, February 21, 2013

Off Beat, Me!

It’s okay to be off-beat, flaky  or unusual. No one ever told me that it was okay, so I thought I would pass on the information!

If you read my About Me then you realize that I am, myself, somewhat of an off-beat personality, or so I once was told. Really, I wasn't always who I am today.  Excepting a nine-year remission period, I have been living with a chronic condition that causes depression, chronic fatigue, and pain.  Add to that a divorce after 28 years of marriage (add one nervous breakdown), and you come up with a potion for a major personality change.

Deep anger and a root of bitterness took hold of me for a while. Not so much from the loss of a relationship, or the grief, or the feelings of despair and fear; those, are topics for another day...but, anger, because I realized that I was a changed person.  I thought, what right does one person have to create such damage in me!

You might say, well, you let it happen to yourself; you are in control of you.  That’s true too, and a good thought; but, when I was hit with circumstances out of the blue, I didn't have time to prepare. I lost my equilibrium. I sank and I sank fast...and it was bad. It was dark.  I couldn't breathe...eat...sleep...or cry for help.  I nearly didn't make it out alive.

How did I get through it?  One hour at a time; then, one day at a time. When I could not reach up out of the black, God reached down with His hand. He met me where I was.

No one wants to hear the old cliche  but it does take time to heal; and we have to be patient with ourselves and also allow God to work in our lives.  Change will come too.  No, I am not the person I used to be; but, I am a stronger person now.  I don’t waste my time thinking and doing what doesn't matter a hill of beans! Oh, I’m different, but I like who I am, and I like that I know what the important things are in life. God gave me a life and He gave me a life to live to the full...and I plan to continue to do that very thing!

Comment and post a dream today...share a positive thought...give a testimony of praise.  Share a little God-light through yourself with a friend who needs a hand up.

Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things; and give me life in your ways. Psalms 119:37 (ESV)

Thanks for stopping by!

Raven


No comments:

Post a Comment